Each day at The Hotel Marblehead there is a delicious meal offered to our wonderful guests! We change the selections served so our repeat visitors are treated to different options each time they come back for another stay. Our guests let us know their favorites, and our staff has their favorites too!
Our Favorite Recipes
Al Roker’s Keto Egg Muffins Recipe
These egg muffins are easy to make and our guests love them. They are perfect to prep and bake at the beginning of the week and heat them up as needed.
- Beat together 6-8 eggs and add a splash of heavy cream. You can also add any veggies, cheese, or meats into this batter.
- Pour the egg mixture into a muffin pan.
- Bake them at 350-400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until they’re brown and puffy.
- We like to add a slice of cheese on top and bake for another minute or so!
Spiced Chickpea Stew Recipe
This recipe was taken from the New York Times created by Alison Roman. It was an instant hit with both with our guests and staff! The coconut and turmeric combination is interesting and makes the broth creamy and delicious.
- Heat ¼ cup of olive oil, add in 4 cloves of garlic, 1 yellow onion, & 1 piece of ginger chopped finely. Season this with salt and pepper and cook until the onion starts to get brown.
- Add 1 and ½ teaspoons of ground turmeric, 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and 2 cans of drained chickpeas. Cook until the chickpeas start to brown and crisp a little. Remove about half of the chickpeas and set them on the side.
- Use a spoon or spatula to flatten the chickpeas that are left in the pot, until their insides start to spill out. Add 2 15-oz cans of coconut water and 2 cups of chicken stock to the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Increase the heat to bring the stew to a simmer, and stir occasionally until the stew thickens.
- Add a bunch of kale or collard greens to the pot and cook for 3-5 more minutes until the greens have softened.
- Put into bowls and enjoy! Top with mint for garnish.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Lettuce wraps are one of our favorites and a dish we had thought about offering to our guests for a while. We reviewed numerous recipes until we found “Lessons in the Kitchen” by Emma Christensen. For cooking, we selected the Koon Chun Hoisin Sauce which is spiced into a combination of sweet, salty, and tangy sauce and mix it with soy sauce and a dash of sesame sauce which makes the perfect addition to this recipe.
- Select either ground chicken or ground turkey and cook it with garlic, mushrooms, water chestnuts, and minced ginger.
- Usually, bibb or butter lettuce works great as a boat for the wraps as they are large and round. Romaine is also a good option.
- Enjoy! You can add hot sauce or greek yogurt/sour cream on top for added flavor.
If you have a favorite recipe that we have served for you when you were here, let us know as we are happy to share our recipes with our guests. Interested in a visit to The Hotel Marblehead? Contact us today at 781-639-9999 or on our website. Information on our rooms and property are available online. Looking forward to seeing you soon!